Did your printer go offline for no obvious reason? If it’s quickly not responding, don’t instantly send it to a repair shop because the solution to this kind of issue is fairly easy. It’s something that you can do on your own even without any technical support whatsoever. And don’t worry if you have no idea how to because we have made a complete guide to help you out. Let’s go ahead and start by checking what this issue is and why it occurs.
Why is my printer not working?
Why is My Printer Offline & Not Responding?
Why is my printer saying offline when it's not?
During printing, the PC “thinks” that your printer is offline even by it’s online and available to print. This issue typically happens when there is an error between your system and the printer. But sometimes, it can be an easy case of improper cable connection or paper-stuck.
A printer offline problem can also mean an internal setup problem with your printer or PC. It can vary depending on your printer and whether you are doing a Windows PC or Mac system for printing. Let’s take a look at all the viable solutions you can do when your printer is offline and not responding.
Troubleshoot Offline Printer Problem: Basic Steps
Your printer may be offline and unresponsive easily because you forgot to turn it on, disable sleep mode, or ensure its cable is attached correctly. Follow these three basic steps to troubleshoot offline printer issues straight from your printer device.
Step 1: Check and see if your printer is ready
- Your printer is offline if it’s not switched on or ready to communicate. Try to verify if it’s ready for printing and running with another device.
- Verify if the printer is switched off or is in sleep mode. Press the Power button to switch it back on or wake it up.
- See to it that there is paper inside the input plate and that the right ink or toner cartridges are used. A Canon Pixma MG3620, for instance, can go offline if you’re not doing PG-240 and CL-241 ink cartridges.
- The printer’s control panel mustn’t show error messages or flashing lights.
- Restart your printer and conduct a test print to see if the issue is resolved.
Step 2: Ensure your printer is correctly connected
Ensure that the printer’s USB or Ethernet cord is safely attached at both ends. Use another USB or Ethernet cord to find out if your current cord is at fault. If the other cord works, then it means you’ve been doing a faulty cord.
For wireless printers, Ensure they are connected to your Wi-Fi network. Suppose your printer can work with your computer by cable connection without any problem. In that case, it means your network connection is weak. If you don’t know how to set up a wireless printer, verify our example on “How to Set Up a Wireless Printer on Windows & Mac.”
Step 3: Conduct a Printer Power Cycle
- Touch the power button and unplug the power cord to switch off your printer simply
- Wait for 30 seconds before re-plugging the cord and switching the printer back on.
- Send a test print to see if the printer is operating correctly this time around
How do I fix my printer, not responding? (Windows)
Your printer may not be returning because it can’t correctly connect with your Windows PC. Try the following steps here to troubleshoot the offline printer issues.
Make your printer the default option
Tap on the Start button and then go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Find and choose your printer on the list and then tap on the Open file. Go to Printer and tap Set As Default Printer, and clear Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline if they are chosen. Tap Ok after the message.
Clear Print file
Tap on the Start button and next go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Find and choose your printer on the list and then tap on the Open file. Go to Document Name and then tap on any documents listed. Go to Document and next tap Cancel.
Restart Print Spooler Service
From the search box tool typically placed beside the Start button, type the word “services” and then type on Services from the search results. Find and right-tap Print Spooler service and tap Restart.
Re-Add your printer to your PC
Tap on the Start button and then go to Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Find and choose your printer on the list and tap on Remove device and next Yes. Go back to Printers & scanners, tap on Add a printer or scanner, and then finish the on-screen guidance and add your printer rear.
Restart your Windows PC
By restarting your Windows PC, you’ll be refreshing the services and components wanted in the proper communication with your printer and computer.
How do I get my printer to stop being offline? (Mac)
You have just read how to troubleshoot offline printer issues on a Windows computer. This time, you will see how to do it with a Mac PC.
Ensure your printer is correctly connected
Initially, you want to assure that the connection between your printer and Mac computer is solid. There are two methods to go about this, and it will rely on your type of connection, whether it’s wired (USB) or wireless.
Check USB Connection
- Switch on your printer and then wait for 5 seconds before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cord from your printer
- Switch your printer back on. Wait for it to complete printing filed documents and become silent before you proceed.
- After 5 seconds, plug the USB cord rear to the printer. assure it’s correctly attached to the printer.
- If the printer starts printing, enable it to end.
- Conduct a test print to see if the printer offline issues have been resolved
Check Wireless Connection
- Restart your printer and wait for it to switch silent before moving to the next step.
- If the printer is still not reacting, try restarting the router or internet access point by unplugging its power cord.
- Wait for 10 seconds before you plug back the router’s power cord.
- Enable the router to link back to the internet. Wait for a light that shows connectivity to display up before you proceed.
- Restart your Mac PC.
- Tap on the Apple icon > Preferences > Printers and Scanners
- If you can find and choose your printer on the list of systems, it means it’s presently connected to the Mac computer.
Remove Redundant Printers from Mac
If there are unnecessary printers on the list of devices, take out each one of them. You then keep the one displayed as Idle. You will know if a printer is in Idle status if a green color highlights it. Follow these steps next:
- Go to Printers and Scanners and obtain the list of printers.
- Delete the unnecessary printers. Go over each one and tap the minus button to remove an entry from the list.
- Set the empty printer as the default printer choice.
- Send a test print to see if the printer is already active.
Reset the Printing System
If none of these steps work in resolving the printer offline error, you may require advanced troubleshooting to deal with the issues. That would be the time to communicate with an HP(high protective) printer technician for some expert help.
- Tap on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences > Print & Fax > Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Right-tap anywhere within the Printers window and then choose the Reset printing method.
- Below the confirmation window, tap Reset.
- Enter in the Administrator name and password, and next tap OK to finish the Printing system reset.
Verify if your printer is connected
- Ensure Bluetooth is activated on your tablet
- ‘Jolimark TP510@ or ‘20:2C: B7@ should be apparent as a Ready/Paired Device.
- The pin to connect the My printer not working to the tablet is 123.
Ensure My printer not working
If the printer is connected and still not printing, it might be that the My printer not working, which blocks the Bluetooth signal
This occurs even if the Bluetooth signal gives up, so please always verify that My printer not working
- Go to Settings
- Choose ‘do not disturb’
- Set it to ‘set manually’.
- Next choose ‘do not disturb off’.
- Go to Settings
- Choose ‘turn off’ below ‘do not disturb’.
- If you see an Airplane symbol in the top right corner of the screen and tap ‘go to more’. Click on ‘airplane mode’ and choose ‘off’.
Check your printer
- If you view the notification ‘unexpected error’ try rotating the printer aerial and working a test print. If the problem continues, please communicate with HP(high protective)Support.
- If your printer is connected but does not print, please touch the supplies button. If the printer does not support any paper, please contact HP(high protective) Support.
Printer Not Printing
The printer won’t print is a general problem for HP printer users. This problem can result from different reasons, from connectivity problems to incorrect configurations or drivers. If you are grappling to find a good fix, you can provide the process as follows a try. They can assist you to fix your Printer Offline & Not Responding?.
Perform basic troubleshooting
You can do some troubleshooting at first when you find your HP printer stops operating. You should verify the status of the connection between your printer and your PC. Ensure your devices are correctly connected, and the network or the cable you do to connect this system is normal.
You can also try restarting your HP printer. Switch it off entirely and unplug the power cord, leave it for a couple of minutes, and next plug the cord back and switch on your printer. See if your printer can print as generally as before.
Update or reinstall the printer driver
In many cases, the printer won’t print problem comes from incorrect drivers. You may want to update or reinstall the printer driver to fix your HP printer, not the printing problem.
One simple and credible process to deal with drivers is to do Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically identify your system and find the right drivers for it. You don’t want to know right what system your computer is working on, you don’t want to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t want to worry about getting a mistake when placing.
You can download and install your drivers by using both Pro versions of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version, it uses only 2 ticks and you receive full support.
- Download and Install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Instantly Driver Easy will then scan your PC and find any problem drivers.
- Tap on the Update button next to your HP printer to download the newest and right driver for this device. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically upgrade all old or missing drivers on your PC (this needs the Pro version — you will be helped to upgrade when you tap on Update All).
Apart from updating the driver, you can also use Driver Easy to uninstall the driver (also Pro needed). This is helpful especially when you need to reinstall the driver of a system.
- Open Driver Easy and choose Tools.
- Choose Driver Uninstall and you will see a list of device drivers. Find your HP printer driver and then tap on the Uninstall The driver you choose will be removed soon.
Set your printer as the default
When you are attempting to print something, your PC will automatically select these printing tasks to the default printer unless you select another one on goal. So your HP printer won’t do its job if you do not set it as the default printer nor choose it as the printer to print.
If you need to set your HP printer as the default
- Touch the Window logo key and R key on your keyboard at the very time to open the Run dialog. In this dialog, enter “control” and click Enter. This will open Control Panel.
- In Control Panel choose Devices and Printers.
- In the Printers section, right-tap on your HP printer and next choose Set as default printer. Tap on Yes if helped.
- There is presently a tap under the icon of your HP printer. That means it is presently set as the default printer.
Cancel all print jobs
Another possible cause of your HP printer, not printing problem is the fast print file. The print file including failed print jobs can stop functioning regularly and lead to the printer, not printing problems. You can clear all print jobs to get your HP printer rear to normal.
- Open Devices and Printers in Control Panel. (You can connect to steps a and b in the process above.)
- Right-tap on your HP printer in the Printers part and choose to See what’s printing.
- Open the Printer menu and next choose Open As Administrator.
- Open the Printer menu again. This time choose Cancel All Documents.
- Confirm your work.
- You have canceled all print jobs of your printer. Promptly review and see if it can run regularly.
Verify printer status
If you have tried the process above and your HP printer still cannot print, you may want to verify if there are hardware problems on your printer.
You want to assure your HP printer has enough paper, ink, or color, and it is not stuck on paper stuck. Also, verify the status of your printer cartridge and try replacing it with a new one if it is not good sufficient. In some cases, your HP printer stops printing after you replace its parts. If this occurs you should install the original ones back and see if the issues resolve.
You can also have your printer serviced. Contact HP(high protective)customer support for further support or get your printer fixed or replaced.
Printer Not Responding Error
When your printer fails to respond, be certain to verify this video for data about how to fix this problem. This can be applied to all printers, but in this case, it’s a printer Driver (or) software issue (error).
If your printer fails to respond to there job
- Verify that all printer cables are connected correctly and be certain that the printer is switched on.
- If everything is connected correctly and powered up, go to the PC’s “control panel” from the “start” menu. Select “printers” and be sure that your printer is chosen as the default.
- If everything verifies out in the control panel, right-tap on your printer icon and choose “properties.” Tap on the “details” or “port” tab and assure that the right port is verified off. Then, double-tap on the printer icon, which will bring up a list of popular jobs in the print file. Cancel all documents and try printing again.
- If your printer is attached by a USB port, you may attempt connecting to other USB ports.
How to Fix Printer Not Responding Error
Printer issues always look at the worst time. Here are a few methods to get your printer back up and operating if you’re printing from your PC, phone, or tablet.
Printers are excellent when they work, but when they don’t it can be very stressful. Here’s how to solve some of the most basic issues, including not printing at all done to blocked nozzles and other problems.
Printers can run probably for many years and thousands of prints, but they can also fail or stop working completely.
Sometimes the cause is as easy as over-or underuse. Many people don’t use their inkjet printers usually and this can lead to issues with dried-up ink blocking the nozzles. Overuse is less general than misuse: paper clips, hair bands, and even food can fall into printers and cause paper stuck (and worse).
If your printer can’t be fixed with these points, verify our list of the best printers to buy, and the best printer deals properly now.
My printer won’t print
There are many reasons why your printer won’t print, so begin with the primary such as verifying to see whether there is an error message or notification light on the printer. Ensure there is paper in the plate(s), verify the ink or toner cartridges aren’t empty, the USB cable is plugged in or your printer is connected to Wi-Fi.
And if it is a network or wireless printer, try doing a USB cable alternatively. In our experience, some Wi-Fi printers are weak in terms of their connection. So it’s worth unplugging your printer and any powerline network adapters it’s connected to, then switching everything back on again.
Select the right printer
Sometimes the cause a printer won’t print is that you’ve established some software that has a ‘practical printer and this has set itself as the error. When you hit Print, a file will be saved by this practical printer alternately of the report being sent to your physical printer.
To verify this, open the Control Panel from the Start menu. Next, go to Devices and Printers, right-click the correct printer to use, and set it as the error. (While you’re there, you can also assure the printer’s status is set to Active. If not, this could be the cause of the problem.)
Then, assure that the right printer is chosen in the program you are printing from – you should see a choice to select from a list as in the image here.
Microsoft has a printing troubleshooter that can assist to recognize issues. Tap the Fix it button, download and work the program, next follow the steps in the wizard.
You can also open the Control Panel, Devices, and Printers, right-tap the printer icon, and choose Troubleshoot. It doesn’t ever help, but it’s worth attempting.
HP has a Print and Scan Doctor to identify issues, and the printer has lots of excellent videos on its website – tap your printer model and then tap the Troubleshooting videos link.
Select the right printer
To print from an iPod, iPhone, or iPad Touch, the printer must have Wi-Fi and also support AirPrint. The list of AirPrint printers is increasing, but there are still a lot of printers, especially older models, that don’t support it.
If you have a Mac with a printer connected, you can use it as an AirPrint printer utilizing HandyPrint. Printer Pro is an application for iOS devices that allows them to print to many wireless printers or a wired one attached to a computer or Mac.
Some Samsung phones, tablets, and printers are created to work unitedly and printing is sincere. Samsung also has an application for printing to its printers, adding iPhones.
To print from any Android phone or tablet to any computer-connected printer you can do Google Cloud Print.
Why won't web pages, Excel documents, and photos print properly?
Web pages can be any size and they aren’t limited by the width or height of the paper in your printer. They aren’t usually created to be printed, which is why issues can happen.
Always select the Print Preview choice so you can see what you’ll get. You might not want all the pages, for instance, if there are lots of comments or adverts, so use the choice when printing to choose the pages to print, such as 2-4 to print pages 2 to 4. Select view mode if the web page is very wide.
Much of the time you will find a shrink-to-fit choice in the printer settings that helps when your report or issues are just a bit too big to correct on the page. Some web pages, such as those with printable cards, have a print button within the web page. Do that and not the print menu in the browser.
If you’re trying to print an Excel sheet, be certain to choose only the cells you want to print before tapping Print. Then you can select ‘Print selection’ and change the other choices to assure it fits well on an A4 sheet. You can do other things, such as decreasing the size of the edges and turning from landscape to portrait introduction.
So, when printing a Word document or any other, you can normally define which pages to print so you don’t have to print them all.
Photos and pictures
For photos or images, you need to print, it’s normally best to right-tap on them in Windows Explorer and tap Print. This way you will get to select how large to print each photo.
If you choose multiple photos in a folder, then right-tap and select Print you will be ready to print them all at once, with more than one per sheet of paper (and you can select the paper size here too). It’s related to the ‘end-up choice that you’ll find in Printing properties which enables you to print multiple pages of a report on a single sheet of A4.
Why does my printer say "Error"?
There are a few viable reasons, but the most simple is to do with paper. The first thing to verify is whether the input plate is empty, but it’s also worth verifying that the paper is stuck. If you find one, try to work out why it’s occurring rather than just pulling out a crumpled piece of paper from the paper plate and hoping you’ve fixed it.
Take the paper out of the plate, open all the covers and look inside. You might want a torch to see the paper and long tweezers to move it, particularly if it’s only a very small piece that has been cut off and left inside.
Look below the printer because there may be an access panel that can be removed to explore and clean the paper fill tool.
Old paper can receive moisture, which does it hold, and next it is pulled by two or more sheets at a time. Keep it in a bag till it is wanted. Verify printer troubleshooting videos to see how to remove pieces of paper jam in printers.
Also, try doing thinner paper: most home printers will only work photo paper at a maximum. They can’t normally print on a card as it’s too hard to be filled around corners.
Why is the print quality poor?
The nozzles on inkjet printer starts can become blocked because of horizontal stripes on prints and poor or wrong colors. Cleaning the print heads can solve the issues. The method differs from printer to printer and there may be a choice on the printer control panel or in the printer software on the PC.
You might want to look this up in the manual. In your printer’s properties (both in an application or in the Windows Control Panel) you might find a supporting part.
Tap it and you can clean the print heads or arrange them. Head cleaning kits are ready for around £10 from Amazon although you should connect it to the cost of a new cartridge – there’s no guarantee a cleaning kit will fix the issues.
The type of paper changes the print quality and photocopier paper might be making you down.
It can be too soft and inkjet ink absorbs into it like absorbing paper. Buy good quality paper for the largest prints, and this is normally from the printer manufacturer itself, especially for printing photos.
Laser printers are less reliant on paper, and spots or spots in the same place on each page normally mean there’s dirt somewhere in the printer, typically on the ‘drum’.
HOW TO FIX PRINTER INK CARTRIDGE PROBLEMS
Thinking of how to fix printer ink cartridge problems? You’re surely at the right place! This error usually gives up in the case of Photosmart All-In-One Printers adding the B009, B110, and B010 among others. The printer control panel screen will display the Ink Cartridge Problem error message and you will be helpless to print also.
You should assure that only official HP cartridges are used for the printer. This is very valuable and if you are using unsuitable cartridges, assure that you buy a replacement cartridge which will solve the problem in most cases.
Also, the cartridges should be well installed. Here are some of the pointers to keep in mind in this value.
- Switch on your printer and open the access door for cartridges. The carriage will move to the middle of the system. Wait till the carriage goes silent and quiet.
- Assure that the symbol on the cartridge label is uniting the symbol on the carriage slot. Verify for cartridges that are unseated and if they are, put them in place smoothly by touching down on them. The printhead hook should be in the right place downwards.
- Close the access door equally.
Handy methods on how to fix HP printer ink cartridge issues
You can opt for the removal and reinstallation of printer cartridges. This involves the following steps:
- Take the cartridge access door open and ready till the carriage goes silent and quiet.
- Touch the front part of the cartridge tab for issuing the same and drag it upwards and out from the slot.
- In case an unusual cartridge is then characterized by the error message, assure you find that special one.
- In case no special cartridge is specified, remove all of them one by one.
- Reinstall cartridges once again with the connections allowing the printer carriage. Ensure that you have put them into their own slots and that they are seated correctly.
You may also consider cleaning electrical connections with a cloth free from lint or dry cotton swabs when you’ve made the cartridges out. Ensure that the cartridge is held correctly with the nozzle standing upwards. The electrical connections will be at the bottom and you have to wash them clean first. Next, wipe the electrical connections present inside the printer carriage slot which are four pins that are copper-colored. Wipe the electrical connections with a dry cotton swab and put the cartridge into the top slot.
Removal and reinstallation of cartridges often do the trap. You can even unplug the power cord from the rear of your printer when it is switched on and your power cord from the wall socket to reset the same. Wait for 15-20 seconds before reconnecting the cords and powering your printer. The cartridge may have to be returned as well or you may have to make the printhead returned too. If nothing else works, you can schedule an assignment to servicing your printer.
PRINTER ERROR CODES
Printers are a need today. Whether it is an office, home, or another institute, you want a printer to perform multiple actions in the day to day life. From printing your weekend tickets to official reports, our printers are continuously operating. And just like any other device, there can be problems coming with the printer as well. The very first step to resolve any printer issue is to understand the issue itself. Let’s verify some of the printer error codes that are generally seen and the fast steps to resolve the issue. No matter which printer you have, these are the usual printer error codes that can come up on your screen.
PRINTER ERROR CODE: E54
Printer Error Code: E50
This printer error code means a malfunction of the main motor. It is the main motor that is effective for driving all the other functions of the printer. If there is a problem suspected in this segment, then there can be problems in the other components as well.
Solution: The first thing to do is switch the printer off and then back on again. If the error is still there, then try to switch on the printer without the toner unit and check if the motor turns. If you see the motor is functioning, then replace the toner unit and the problem will be resolved. If the error continues, then change the main motor.
PRINTER ERROR CODE: E50
Printer Error Code: E50
This error means a failure of the fuser unit of the printer. The fuser is the part in the machine that makes hot to bond the paper with the printer. When there are issues with the temperature next this error code comes up. The problem can be both, too much heating or heating not happening correctly.
Solution: If you’re getting the printer error code E50, next turn off the system for 5 minutes and then back on again. Leave the computer in this state for 10 minutes and let it grow. This helps in resetting the temperature. If the fault proceeds, then you may want to replace your printer.