Canon Pixma iX6840 is a high-performing wireless printer that also supports mobile printing. The FINE print head technology worked in this printer makes the printing quick. The printer wants to be set up before you operate it. Continue reading the below steps to Canon Pixma IX6840 Setup.
Canon Pixma ix6840 Printer Setup
Step-1: Unpack the Printer
- Unbox the printer, put it on a stable surface, and look for the other printer accessories in the carton.
- Keep the printer accessories such as ink tanks, power cord, installation CD, and user instruction safely for next use.
- Remove all the packaging tapes and protective elements from the printer.
- Lift the top cover and eliminate the protective materials from the inside.
Step-2: Power Connection
- Once the packing elements have been removed, switch on the printer by link the power cord to it.
- Make sure the power light glows on the printer. If the orange lamp blinks, then restart the printer.
Step-3: Ink Tank Installation
- Canon gives five different ink tanks as Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, Black,
- And Pigment Black.
- Start the top cover and wait till the print head moves to the original position.
- Presently, unpack a new ink tank, remove the orange protective film and remove the cap.
- Verify the color code of the tank, insert it into the respective holder in the printer, and make sure it locks into position.
- If you have installed the tanks correctly, you could see the indicator light glowing on the printer. If the indicator lamp does not glow, then remove the cartridge and reinstall it.
- Then, Canon Pixma IX6840 set up and install the other ink tanks, and close the top cover.
Step-4: Feed Paper
- Slowly drag the paper support slightly to support the paper.
- Gradually start the front cover of the printer and draw out the paper output plate.
- Slide the paper instructions to the ends of the plate.
- Evenly arrange a stack of paper and place them in the center of the rear plate in the portrait orientation such that the print side faces outwards.
- Presently, align the paper instructions to the paper corners, but see that you do not bend or fold them.
Step-5: Network Cable Connection
- Skip this step if the printer is to be set up over a wireless network or using the USB cable link method.
- But if you wish to establish a wired network link, connect an Ethernet cable from the router’s LAN port to the printer.
Step-6: Software Installation
- Once the printer hardware Canon Pixma IX6840 Setup is completed, you have to install the printer software on the PC.
- The printer software enables you to access the printer from the computer.
Canon Pixma IX6840 Driver Download
- The printer driver helps you to control and maintain the printer operations from the computer simply. It is possible on the software CD, and it can be downloaded from the official Canon site. Read the below steps to download the driver to the PC.
- On the PC default web browser, visit the official Canon website and search for the printer model using the search icon at the upper right end.
- When you are on the printer’s support page, tap the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Select your OS type from the Operating System drop-down list, choose the preferred language, and tap the Download switch beside the recommended driver package.
- Next, download runs the installer file on the PC, and Canon Pixma IX6840 Setup the printer link.
Install Canon Pixma IX6840 Driver
- You can either use the Canon Pixma IX6840 Setup and installation CD or download the installer to install the printer driver on the PC.
- Open the driver installer file, and if the User Account Control dialog box is shown, tap Yes to continue.
- When the printer setup window opens up, set the language and choose Next.
- Tap Yes to confirm the .NET Framework installation and choose the software to be installed.
- Follow the guided instructions, choose Complete, and next tap Next to finish the setup.
- Read the Extended Survey Program. You can either accept or deny it and then print a test page for verifying the link setup.
- Tap Exit once the installation is finished.
Canon Pxima IX6840 Offline
- If you are a Windows user, start the Devices and Printers window from the Control Panel. Right-tap the printer model name and choose the See what’s printing option.
- Presently, tap the Printer menu in the new window and deselect the Use Printer Offline option.
- Similarly, open the Services window on the PC, right-tap the Print Spooler menu, and choose Restart.
- If ‘Restart’ is grayed, then tap Start.
- Start the Properties window of Spooler, set the Startup type as Automatic, and save the settings.
- Verify if the network and power cables to the printer are connected securely.
canon Pixma IX6840 Paper Jam
- Power off the printer and detach the power cord.
- Start the top cover of the printer.
- Slowly remove the jammed paper from the printer.
- If the paper is stuck under the print head, slide the print head to an end and use both hands to remove the jammed paper.
- Do not try to pull hard, because if the paper is torn into pieces, next it would be difficult to remove the paper pieces.
- Next successful removal, close the top cover.
Canon Pixma IX6840 Troubleshooting
If there are any problems with the printer, you can identify them with the help of the indicator lamps on the printer. To identify the problem, you can verify the following indicator lamps on the printer: Alarm, Power, Wi-Fi, and ink tank. Once you identify the problem, refer to the user manual for the troubleshooting guide. To troubleshoot the problem swiftly, tap the Call switch on this page to get support from our technical experts. Also, in the following sections, we have given the steps to solve the Canon Pixma IX6840 paper jam, Setup issues, printer offline, and paper feed problems.
Canon Pixma IX6840 Wireless Connection Setup
- Turn the wireless router On, connect the computer to the router, and note down the network name and password of the wireless network.
- Assure the printer is switched on and then double-tap the installer file on your computer to begin the setup.
- In the setup window, choose the installation language and tap Next.
- Following that, select Network Connection and next select Wireless Connection.
- Tap Next to proceed with the wireless connection setup.
- Choose the Connect to the network option in the next window.
- Under Setup Procedure Selection, select Cableless setup.
- Presently, go to the printer and hold the printer’s Wi-Fi switch until the power indicator lamp blinks twice. Release the switch when the power light on the printer flashes twice.
- Return to the PC and tap the Next switch.
- Read the instruction shown on the Canon Pixma IX6840 Setup wizard.
- Choose the place of residence or country and choose the software for installation from the displayed list.
- Following that, read the license agreement and tap Yes to accept the terms & policies.
- Tap Next and then choose Redetect in the Check Printer Settings window.
- If the software cannot recognize the wireless network, tap the checkbox near ‘Set up the network connection via USB’ and connect the USB cable.
- When the network is detected, the network name will be displayed on the screen. Now tapComplete.
- When the printer head alignment screen shows up, tap Next and again tap Next on the following screen.
- Register the printer using the Canon account, accept or deny the Extended Survey Program, and tap Exit to close the setup window.
Canon Pixma IX6840 Paper Feed Problem
- To avoid the paper feed issues, do not load damaged, folded, or crippled paper in the plate. Always use dry and neat paper for printing.
- If the printer’s paper settings are incorrect, next change the settings corresponding to the paper loaded in the input plate.
- Verify if there are any paper pieces inside the printer and remove them.
- Clean the paper feed rollers usually using a lint-free dry cloth.